"At a certain part in your life, probably when too much of it has gone by, you will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself: but I am this person. And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
-from the film Phoebe in Wonderland

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday, Savvy!

Today is Savana's (my youngest niece) 3rd birthday! She is such a big girl now. There is just something about the age 3 that makes them so much more a "kid" and not so much a "baby" anymore. Regardless, I've said I will continue to refer to her as "the baby" until she claims otherwise, or the title is stripped away from her (ie. someone has a baby - and that someone is not going to be me!) which I'm sure she wouldn't mind!

"Savvy" as I like to call her is a pure ray of sunshine. She came along a little unexpectedly 19 months after her sister. It just goes to show how much the Lord loves to bless His children. Because my family has been blessed over and over again by this sweet 'n' sassy little gal! She is so funny and quick-witted. She keeps us in stitches! She likes to sing and play with her big sissy - whom she thinks the world of. She's an animal lover (like her Aunt Nicole). She's independent and can entertain herself with her imagination for hours. She's into Dora the Explorer. She's a mommy's girl, but her daddy's spittin image! She doesn't like swimming or playing in the sand at the beach, but she loves going to the park and riding her bike. She's very smart and can put together big girl puzzles quicker than any other 2...oops, I mean 3 year old I know! Yep, Savvy is the icing on the cake and we sure do love that spunky baby girl!




No comments: