"At a certain part in your life, probably when too much of it has gone by, you will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself: but I am this person. And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
-from the film Phoebe in Wonderland

Saturday, April 26, 2008


Have I ever mentioned I'm a major Renthead? I've also turned my 12-year-old niece into one as well. When I heard that Rent was closing on Broadway this year, after a 12 year run at the Nederlander Theater, I was thinking up ways that I could get myself to NYC to see it before it ends. Financially, I knew I would not be able to do it.

So you can imagine how excited I was when, at 5:45 am Thursday morning, as I sat drinking my coffee before heading out to work, I saw a commercial that Rent would be at the Fabulous Fox Theater here in Atlanta this weekend! I freaked out and was able to get tickets for my niece and me.

We did have to sit in the gallery (the top of the balcony) but we didn't mind a bit and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The tickets were relatively inexpensive, too. I'll be singing Seasons of Love for the rest of the weekend! =)

No comments: