"At a certain part in your life, probably when too much of it has gone by, you will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself: but I am this person. And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
-from the film Phoebe in Wonderland

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lake Lanier Night of Lights

I went to Lake Lanier last night to see the Night of Lights. It was beautiful. It is said to be the world's largest animated light extravaganza. I have to admit that the Osborne Family Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios would give it a darn good run for that title...definitely my personal fave. But here in the ATL we have Lake Lanier....And the Night of Lights was spectacular! I couldn't resist Spongebob....But, hey, who can?

And being the Oz lover that I am this was pretty wicked too...
But, of course, the best part was the focus on the true meaning of Christmas...
At one point, we headed over to see the Live Nativity Scene which was lovely! Real donkeys, sheep, goats and, um.....camels....

Sheesh...talk about ruining the moment. But seriously, even God has a sense of humor, right?

At the end of the night we headed to the fair which was pretty much the hit of night. Simply because when me and my BFF Tori get together its like we are kids all over again. We have way too much fun together. This is us with our mama's...
It was a beautiful night and I am so glad that I went! I think I will make this a Christmas tradition for as long as I call Atlanta my home. Good show, Lake Lanier!

No comments: