"At a certain part in your life, probably when too much of it has gone by, you will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself: but I am this person. And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
-from the film Phoebe in Wonderland

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I didn't really celebrate that much during my teen years, other than a few trips to Six Flags for Freight Fest, but I sure have been enjoying going trick r treating with Aubrey and Savana for the past 4 years!

This year, Aubrey was a little angel and Savvy was a little devil! They were too cute!

Since the Halloween festivities have died-down a lot in my neighborhood during the past few years, we headed straight for my brother's neighborhood this year - which is only about 3 or 4 miles away from where I live. His large neighborhood really gets into it and there were children and families everywhere out trick r treating until way after dark. It was so much fun!
















When we weren't on foot, we were riding in the back of my brothers truck around the neighborhood. It's usually really nice here in Georgia on Halloween night, but this year we had to bundle up. Man, was it cold!


















The girls really got into Halloween this year and it was so cute to hear Savvy say "Twick or Tweet!" to everyone.


















































Every year, my best friends family throws a Halloween party. We have lots of Halloween treats and, of course, we watch It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! I look forward to this every year. So obviously when I spotted Snoopy on his pumpkin (you know - the one he flies to France on?) I had to get a picture...

















When we got home we raided the girls candy and had hot chocolate! Sugar overload! Halloween 2008 was great!

No comments: