"At a certain part in your life, probably when too much of it has gone by, you will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself: but I am this person. And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
-from the film Phoebe in Wonderland

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tattoos 4 Tiffany

I never thought I would get a tattoo. It was never on my list of things to do. But I also never thought I would loose my best friend to a freak accident when she was only 26 years old. Her sister Victoria and I had been best friends since we were 3 years old. When Tori moved to Florida when she was 19, Tiffany and I started hanging out and over the next 5 years we became the best of buds. When she died, I lost a friendship that was very dear to my heart. Tori lost not only her best friend but her only sibling.

So yesterday, we walked into Ink Wizard and got our tattoos for Tiffany.















The tattoo artist's name is Chris Huff and he had about 10 awards for Artist of The Year. He has done a couple of my brothers tattoos. He was a great guy and did an awesome job.

I got mine done on my ankle and, man, did it HURT! I only asked him to stop once - lol! I just needed a little break from the outlining. After that, I felt fine and when the shading started it really stopped hurting and just became pretty dang irritating! But never unbearable. It was so worth it!!!















Tori got hers on her back. She didn't even flinch! We got the same one - a scorpio with Tiffany's initials LTB (stands for Laura Tiffany Beddingfield). I was very proud of the both of us and I think Tiffany was, too.

We sure do miss her. But it's not just our skin she is burned into...it's our hearts. We love you, Tiff!

No comments: