"At a certain part in your life, probably when too much of it has gone by, you will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself: but I am this person. And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
-from the film Phoebe in Wonderland

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas...

I have to admit that I'm getting a little homesick this Holiday season. However, I am still 100% sure this is where I am suppose to be right now. I am very grateful that in the midst of the recession I was able to better myself. But I am also grateful that I didn't have to move very far away to do that.

I loved decorating my place this year. It definitely makes it feel more like home! Of course, it also helps having my yorkie Cassie with me! And I don't think I mentioned it here but I got another kitten who I named Luna. She is quite a little stinker, but she keeps me very entertained to say the least!

Last month, I took my 3 oldest nieces out for another one of our girl days. We had so much fun! I so look forward to spending time with those girls. They are so funny, sweet and beautiful (inside and out)! Sidney (9) even gave up going to see the new Jim Carrey Christmas Carol movie on IMAX with her church group to have our girl day! We went to the mall where we shopped around and had lunch. The highlight was seeing Santa Claus having lunch a few tables away. Ashton (13) went right up to him and he asked her if she had been a good girl this year.....haha. Of course, we had to hit up Barnes and Noble where we gathered up as many Bog and Tiger Beat (or whatever it is they read nowadays) magazines as we could and sipped on some lattes/mochas/hot chocolates while we decided that Sidney and I are Team Jacob while Lindsey and Ashton are Team Edward. Later, We met up with my sister-in-law and some of her friends to see New Moon afterwords (not a fan of the Twilight books but I do like the movies....crazy, I know.) Afterwords, Lindsey (13) and Sidney gave up going out to eat with their friends to hang out some more with Ash and me. I am one lucky aunt!














Last week, Tori came to visit me and we had way too much fun. She sent me a message on facebook recently saying how sometimes we are the only ones who think each other is funny. That is so, so true. One of the many reasons she has been my best friend for 20+ years.

Note to self: Holiday Nog is gross.

Definitely having myself a Merry Little Christmas this year!

No comments: