"At a certain part in your life, probably when too much of it has gone by, you will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself: but I am this person. And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
-from the film Phoebe in Wonderland

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

29 Years...














Today is my parents 29th wedding anniversary. They could not possibly be any more different! My dad is a Southern boy, born and raised in Hapeville, Georgia (the home of THE redneck Jeff Foxworthy himself...in fact, Jeff was best friends with my dad's cousin growing up. ha!) My mother is from Yonkers, New York, and still has that New York state of mind. My dad is a jokester and a former Marine, cop, hair stylist, fireman and private investigator. He tends to look on the bright side of life no matter what; he has a red-headed temper, but never holds a grudge. My mother is busy 24/7, you will never see her sit down for a second unless The Andy Griffith show is on; she keeps house like no ones business and raised her four children completely selflessly. At the time of their marriage, they had both been married previously and my mother had 2 sons from her previous marriage. My brother Jason was born a year after they were married and I followed a couple of years after that. My dad worked 3 jobs at times so that my mother could be a stay-at-home mom and so that they could keep Jason and I in a Christian school. They are wonderful parents and created a picture perfect childhood for my brother and I. They sure are on odd couple, but I wouldn't have them any other way.

Today, when I got home from work I saw this....













My parents had bought the exact same card for each other for their anniversary....which is the exact same card that they bought for each other last year!

The mind goes first, ya'll. ;-)

No comments: