"At a certain part in your life, probably when too much of it has gone by, you will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself: but I am this person. And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
-from the film Phoebe in Wonderland

Friday, May 16, 2008

Field Trip


Today I went with my niece Lindsey (who is turning 12 tomorrow) to the CNN center in Atlanta. She called me about a month ago to ask me to go with her on this field trip with her middle school. I am so glad that my preteen nieces feel close enough to me to actually want me to be their chaperon on field trips. Lindsey and I had a great time. She is such a good kid. I've always thought that. And seeing her interacting with her peers just proved that to me.


No comments: