"At a certain part in your life, probably when too much of it has gone by, you will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself: but I am this person. And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
-from the film Phoebe in Wonderland

Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Sidster

Yesterday, my 8-year-old niece Sidney informed me that her new nickname is "Sidster". (She has been called Jelly Bean by her daddy since she was a baby.) Well.... the "Sidster" sure is a sweet, funny, out-going, intelligent, happy little gal and I sure am proud to be able to call her my niece! I was lucky enough to have her in my Baby Room class (I was the assitant) way back when I first started in child care. She was such a chubby, bubbly baby! All these years later she is still just as bubbly as ever. She loves horseback riding and soccer. She is a huge animal lover (takes after her Aunt Nicole) but she especially loves horses. She has a crush on Dylan Sprouse and she collects (and loves) Webkinz. She can make friends with anyone and beware.... she can and will talk your ear off! If I had to choose a nickname for her I think it would be "Little Miss Sunshine". She sure does brighten up my life!




No comments: