"At a certain part in your life, probably when too much of it has gone by, you will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself: but I am this person. And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
-from the film Phoebe in Wonderland

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day


This is some of the stash I got from various loved ones today. My boys (in my class) were so excited for their Valentine's Day party. They are only 2 but they definitely know the definition of the word PARTY!! I could hardly get them down at naptime. We made the cutest cards for their parents....with their little handprints and a heart-shaped picture of them in the middle. They were so proud of those cards! One of the sweet little girls that was in my class last year brought me a bag of Kisses - which I shared with my boys. So we were pretty sugar high and they were in complete celebration mode. And I'm talking climbing on everything-squeeling with joy-chasing Miss Cole-crying for more candy-standing on the table doing the chicken dance-kind of celebration mode. So while they were still pumped up for the party at naptime it took everything in me not to curl up with one of them on their mats and catch some shut eye! Miss Cole is worn out!

Actually, I just might take a quick nap before class tonight. Can you believe this is how I am spending Valentine's Day night? Now where's my chocolate...

No comments: