"At a certain part in your life, probably when too much of it has gone by, you will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself: but I am this person. And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
-from the film Phoebe in Wonderland

Friday, February 29, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday


No particular theme this week so I thought I would add a cute pic of my nieces Ashton and Aubrey. This picture was taken almost 2 years ago. I chose this picture because both girls are celebrating birthdays...

Last monday, Ash-Baby celebrated her 12th birthday! WOW!!!! Ashton is the biological daughter of my brother David, but was adopted at birth. Her awesome adoptive parents wanted her biological family to be apart of her life, so since her 1st birthday she has come to stay with us at least once a month for the weekend (usually every other weekend). She is such a happy, sweet, well-adjusted child whom I absolutely adore. I cannot imagine what the past 12 years would have been like without her!

Aubrey will be 4 years old next Tuesday. She is my godchild and I've been a part of her daily life since the moment she was born. That little girl has a bigger piece of my heart than she'll ever know! She is so incredibly bright for her age... it really shocks people that she is only 3 years old. You forget that your talking to a small child when you talk to Aubrey. Not only is she gifted intellectually, but she is also a very compassionate and loving child. She is simply amazing.

Recently Aubrey told her mom that she wanted to play Pretty, Pretty Princess with her mom, my best friend Victoria and me. She said, "You and Victoria can be on a team and me and Aunt Nicole will be on a team." When her mother asked her why she didn't want to be on her team Aubrey said, "Because I want to play kids against grown ups!" I laughed so hard when Robin (Aubrey's mom) told me this story. All of my nieces call me a "grown-up kid" and I absolutely love it!

No comments: